nextsong.log and centova cast bugs

Igor M

Hello,

I am trying out your trial and so far I like it but I have a few questions:

1) I need the nextsong.log file in order to take care of licensing. It's a bit specific in my country and I have to do it by myself and I so far I can't do it without this file. One of my previous hosts had it but others didn't. I would try it out in the trial but trying to download all logs gives me a 403 FORBIDDEN error.

2) I had a major problem with one of my hosts because the centova cast login panel would go down and give me a 502 bad gateway error for up to 11 hours at a time, for weeks. During this time the songs would keep playing but the logs would not be generated. They said that this was a "centova cast bug" and not their fault. Would I have the same problem here too? I couldn't care less about the downtime as long as I get to make accurate monthly reports. The fines here are ludicrous.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Igor M,

Welcome to the forums. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying testing out our services.

In answer to your questions:

1) There was a permissions issue that was causing the logs not to download for you. This has been fixed now and the '403 Error' has gone and you can now download the logs to check if this is what you want.

We do have the "nextsong.log" files available, although you need to use the AutoDJ feature for them to appear. Here is some more information on them : http://www.centova.com/doc/cast/internals/files/formats/nextsong_log
Please can you make sure that your current trial server is ok with the log files since we have fixed the permissions before you sign up for a full account. Thank you.

2) Not at all and it sounds more likely a server issue their end rather than with CentovaCast itself. Our servers here are very stable and you will not have trouble logging in. We use fast, reliable and secure servers for hosting your radio servers. We monitor network latency and server loads 24/7 to ensure maximum reliability and uptime. Our techies are also always on call to respond to any critical issues.

We hope that this helps? :)