Genres and the quality of the directory listings

How happy are you with the quality of the directory listings ?

• Very Happy

• Happy

• Satisfied

• Unhappy

• Very unhappy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Livefromthemia

Could someone show me the proper way to add the Genres? My station does not show up in the Internet Radio Directory. The only way a listener can locate my station is by entering it in the search bar!

Lorenzo Thomas

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Could someone show me the proper way to add the Genres? My station does not show up in the Internet Radio Directory. The only way a listener can locate my station is by entering it in the search bar!

Lorenzo Thomas

Hi Lorenzo, how do you stream? Live or with the AutoDJ feature?

Livefromthemia

Thank you for your response! I stream my station (Live from the Mia) live! While entering the genres I place a comma between each one. The Rnb link does not stream to be active.

Example rnb, Soul, Hip Hop, Top 40, Urban

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
If you are streaming live then you need to set the genres from within your stream encoder software's settings. The genre settings within your servers control panel are for only when you are using the AutoDJ feature instead.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Remove the links that show the websites which are either outdated or no longer available.

This thread is in relation to our own websites radio directory http://www.internet-radio.com/.. So as in the stations and their tagged genres!

You are on about a thread in our forum which is simply just a list of other external directories that stations can submit their stream url's to which is totally unrelated! That thread is nothing to do with our own website or the services that we offer here, so it is down to the forum community to keep it updated or list newer directories. We just do not have the time to check regularly if the directories listed in that thread are still active!